Thanks very much to Inspiring Max for adding some excitement to my lazy Sunday by nominating me for the Liebster Award for New Bloggers. Big smiles here! Certainly encouraging and helps me to realise that people do look at my pages and has definately inspired me to keep at it.
The Liebster Award has German origins. The word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend.
It aims to discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. Bloggers award other bloggers. Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here are my 11 random facts:
1. I am 25 Years Married to My Crooked Man & we are HAPPY (not pretend happy).
2. I have two adult children, one of whom still lives with us and is Autistic.
3. I live in the Barossa Valley, South Australia.
4. I work in Community Health.
5. I used to be very good at Classical Ballet & one season attended the Australian Ballet School.
6. Road Trips are almost my favourite thing..
7. I wish I had a brain/mind to write fabulous, meaningful screenplays!!!!.
8. I am a lazy literist…….in other words, I love stories, but prefer to watch them than read them.
9. I love to drink icey cold Beer, from the tap, but will ‘settle’ for a Margarita or good Barossa Shiraz or GSM
10. I am an abuse survivor & couldn’t speak of it or admit that until in my late 30’s.
11. My Crooked Man (Matthew) is my Knight in Shining Hi Viz…..at least the modern, post feminist version of that Knight
The 11 questions for me were:
1. Which brand and flavour potato chips do you prefer?
2. What is the strangest thing you have ever done?
3. What is your favourite flower?
4. What part of Australia would you like to visit?
5. What is your preferred way to spend the afternoon—blogging excluded.
6. What is the weirdest fact you know?
7. If you could have any job in the world for a week, what would you choose?
8. What is the best advice your mother ever told you?
9. What wish would you ask a gene for?
10. What two words best describe you?
11. What animal scares you the most?
My 11 answers are:
- Pringles, Roast Chicken.
- I don’t think it strange, but most do…..met and Married the love of my life within 12 months.
- Tough question…….can’t choose between Rose, Orchid & Fressia
- Tasmania….for at least 3 weeks, with my camera and my crooked man!
- Road Trip…..photographing or going to see a movie.
- I know a lot about Autism….and that can be weird!
- National Geographic Photographer
- None, but she taught me how to NOT parent.
- For my Autistic adult son to find meaningful employment.
- Complex. Compassionate.
My questions for my nominees are:
- Who/what inspires you?
- Do you remember your dreams when you wake?
- Red or White (Wine)?
- 3 wishes……what are they?
- Dinner Party guest list….6 people, currently alive?
- Which part of Australia would you most like to visit?
- Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire?
- International dream destination?
- You are on a beach….is it hot and sunny or cold and windy?
- Favourite movie?
- Best book?
3 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve done it! http://katiegabbett.com/2014/10/20/liebster-award-for-new-blogs/
LikeLiked by 1 person